Re: [OM] Interesting Telescope Accessory

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting Telescope Accessory
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:03:26 +0200
<<

>I looked up your reference # on ebay and see that's exactly what you're
>talking about here for telescopes.  An extension tube would move the
>eyepiece further from the body of the scope and allow focusing on
>objects closer than the scope was designed for.

     Imagine using my 90x1000mm for wildlife spotting.  Photograph elk
from a quarter mile away.

Chris

IMHO, this item is only useful for visual purposes with an eyepiece.
For photo you need a threaded extension tube, usually a T thread
on the camera end, so you can mount the correct T ring.
See here for what I mean (note that there are T rings for virtually
every camera maker, I have one for Olympus OM):
http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/astroimaging-accessories/t-rings-and-adapters/universal-125-t-adapter
http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/astroimaging-accessories/t-rings-and-adapters/t-adapter-for-schmidt-cassegrain-telescopes
http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/astronomy/astroimaging-accessories/t-rings-and-adapters/t-ring-for-canon-eos-camera

Ralf