Re: [OM] (OT) UK Citizenship

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) UK Citizenship
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:38:39 +0100
The question is not about languageS in the plural, but about language in the
singular and in the abstract, which is probably what you mean by dialect.
And I think it would be more accurate to describe the six you name as Celtic
languages, since Scots Gaelic, Erse and Manx are generally recognised as
Gaelic, while Welsh, Cornish and Breton are Brythonic. I don't think that
Breton is spoken in the British Isles, but Scots Gaelic most certainly is,
(I can hear it any day of the week!) so it should appear in your fist group
of three - perhaps replacing Erse.

Piers (modesty forbids....)