Re: [OM] Best OM to A7 adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best OM to A7 adapter?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 01:50:51 +0800
They are aluminum, all of them are just like the OM lens body, it is even mentioned on Big_is ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-is-Camera-Adapter-Olympus-OM-lens-to-Micro-4-3-M4-3-Panasonci-G1-GF1-GH1-/170919061994

"Made of aluminum and brass in black finish"

It could be black anodized, anodized surface is rather strong.

Steel? It is heavy and hard to work on, try with a magnet.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

While I can't swear that it's not aluminum it does not feel like aluminum to me. I see no wear on the mounting tabs that lock into the body. I think aluminum would be showing wear already.

As to machined slots for the lens mount I think the best thing to do is use an adapter for each lens. The adapters are very cheap and that will minimize lens changes.

Chuck Norcutt