Re: [OM] GIMP

Subject: Re: [OM] GIMP
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:12:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I believe the book I've been using as a reference is this one: "Beginning
>GIMP: From Novice to Professional" although I've found the help file
>reference to be quite useful, at least for the Linux version. Unfortunately
>I can't confirm at the moment as I can't locate it, which probably means
>it's down at our place in Baja, where I have been spending a fair amount of
>time, of late.

     I installed version 2.8 this morning, and it only has an online help file,
which is totally useless when using dialup.  So, I need to find a PDF version
or perhaps a book that will let me use it without the need for a WiFi
connection.

     Looks like the only after-market book available for 2.8 is "GIMP 2.8 for
Photographers: Image Editing with Open Source Software" (ISBN-13
978-1-937538-26-2).

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson