Re: [OM] GIMP

Subject: Re: [OM] GIMP
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:03:11 -0400
I repeat, that's a show stopper.

Chuck Norcutt

On 9/18/2014 5:41 PM, Scott Gomez wrote:
Re: Bit depth in GIMP is 8 bits per color (16+ million colors) +opacity
(i.e. RGBA)

http://wiki.meetthegimp.org/doku.php?id=bitdepth

Note however that there are "workarounds", as discussed at the link above.
In practice, I've never run into a serious problem with this particular
limitation--perhaps because I've been using what is a "workaround" by
default.

Next release version will have 32-bit float. I've read in two places,
however, that 2.10 development version already has it working well. There
was an official announcement of it on Google+, here:

https://plus.google.com/+gimp/posts/hY3orKUQAGg

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Chuck Norcutt <