Re: [OM] (OT) United United KIngdom

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) United United KIngdom
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:59:36 -0400
Hummm, I think that’s a little rough. Westminster is not the most gracious of
places, and never has been as far as the Scots are concerned. And, while
Scotland reportedly spends more than it collects, I still wouldn’t go so far as
to say the Scots depend on the rest of the UK for “hand outs”. Scotland does
contribute, for example, the best troops in the British Army, among other
things. You can’t put a price on that.

Scots have voted to remain a United kingdom, and I hope this campaign and this
vote will shake up Westminster a wee bit and also let the Scots concentrate on
helping the entire nation pull itself out of the Tory pits. The campaign and
vote has strained Labour, I’m told, and perhaps now the nation’s most liberal
area will do its part to give the old heave ho to Conservatives. I’d like that.
It would set a precedent for us to do the same thing.

And now we may concentrate on excoriating The Washington Post for its pre-vote
article on the potential effects on Scotland’s whiskey (sic) industry. Really,
you’d think The Washington Post would know better. Effing heathen colonists! <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal