Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/9/2014: Monica

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/9/2014: Monica
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:38:23 -0400
I love the capture but never have loved grain.

Your mention of the temperature of the tap water reminds me of when I stopped doing my own B&W development. When we lived in Woodstock, NY from 1975-85 I had a nice darkroom and very cold well water. It was easy to get the proper developing temperature by mixing warm water with the cold. Then we moved to Florida where the "cold" water was always well above the optimal development temperature. I found it too much trouble to cool the water by adding ice and never replaced the full darkroom. Today I consider it a good riddance. Film is truly inconvenient.

Chuck Norcutt