[OM] Exposure compensation dial and hoodman Was Re: A7 adapter arrived.

Subject: [OM] Exposure compensation dial and hoodman Was Re: A7 adapter arrived. First impressions.
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:20:37 +0200
I was browsing the camera shop window and they had an A7 on display. I noticed that it (and it seems all other similar cameras) have a manual compensation dial (as well as a pasm one), I have his too on the Fujis but for me it is more of a nuisance if it changes unintentionally. The question is am I doing something wrong, as the dial is always given such prominence on pretty much all cameras should I be using it more? I generally find the metering is fine once an exposure compensation value is set and I have had more missed shots if it moved (a big issue with the x-Pro1 until I modified it with sugru) and wonder if that dial should give way to something used more often.

BTW I had hoodman eyecup on my canyon which was superb, does anyone know if there is something similar for the fuji, I have seen the fuji extended eyepiece but that's no hoodman! and sometimes I forget to take a cap.

IanW