Re: [OM] Exposure compensation dial and hoodman Was Re: A7 adapter arriv

Subject: Re: [OM] Exposure compensation dial and hoodman Was Re: A7 adapter arrived. First impressions.
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 18:05:20 +0200

________________________________
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:20 AM

 The question is am I doing something wrong,

Probably ;-)

 wonder if that dial should give way to something used more often.

what would it be instead?

I have for years regretted that my cameras didn't have as easy as my contax's a compensation dial, even the Leica R's were so-so. The fujis provide just that; it's accessible and can be "blind"- adjusted while you're framing. Also, you can check the adjustment on the top plate while lifting the camera to your eye (or later either in the VF or on the back screen), and the later models (than the X-Pro) have a stiffer wheel. I'm a happy camper as a result and would miss it if it were to move to some other place.

What I repeatedly and unwillingly hit while holding the camera though, is the AE-L / AF-L just underneath ... especially when using long and heavy legacy lenses - which can't happen with the x10 - but is common with the X-E1.
That will be the price to pay for a small body I guess :-(

Amities
Philippe

IanW