[OM] Appleton Farm B'fly count

Subject: [OM] Appleton Farm B'fly count
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:04:51 -0400
Well this is what we saw on the last (or perhaps 2nd to last) b'fly outing of the year. Actually rather slim pickings. I did squander the best opportunity for a very nice image with a newly emerged Am Copper on a near flawless purple wild aster but was a few ms too slow.

I'll post these anyways--usually works best in slide show (sometimes have to try twice) and I think I have the gallery wide sharpening settings OK

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Appleton-Farm-bfly-count-9/44549367_6BBKPK#!i=3561731896&k=m2RPnfJ

I wasn't anywhere close to the Bronze Copper when it was sighted. They can be very showy. There are two flights and the second seems always bimodal here. Perhaps I'll catch the tail end of it if I have a chance to get over there.

The final count:

 2   Red Admirals
14+ Clouded Sulphurs
 7   Pearl Crescents