Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Exposure compensation dial and hoodman Was Re: A

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Exposure compensation dial and hoodman Was Re: A7 adapter arrived. First impressions.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:21:45 -0700
On 9/25/2014 12:24 PM, Philippe wrote:
After using my E1 for a year or so I would like to confirm - but I sometimes
wear glasses so this is a split decision.

Many/most (D)SLRs read exposure off the view screen. So light coming in from the eyepiece can mess up the exposure. In Mirrorless cameras, exposure is calculated from the sensor live view data. That is entirely separate from the EVF, and from any RF-like direct optical finder. Light coming in from the back can't affect the exposure.

Hooded Moose