Re: [OM] Appleton Farm B'fly count

Subject: Re: [OM] Appleton Farm B'fly count
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 19:32:35 -0400
Yes, the raw file should be fine. The problem for posterization is dynamic range, not image size. 16 bits should do much better.

Chuck Norcutt

CN writes:
<< But the JPEG shows immediate posterization in the histogram if you
try to brighten it.

Thank for looking, Chuck.  Hmmm, I edit in a fairly dim room though the
monitor is calibrated, I tend to keep 'em a tad too dark if not
revisited  .   I trust you were commenting on the side view of the
Fritillary.
The site no longer allows downloading anything but the full sized JPEG
so too small version was not the issue.  I am a bit perplexed  it
couldn't hold up to that manipulation as there was just a very minor crop.
The Raw file should be fine. Thanks for commenting.

Mike