[OM] Skippers [was Appleton Farm B'fly count]

Subject: [OM] Skippers [was Appleton Farm B'fly count]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:37:48 -0700
Well this is what we saw on the last (or perhaps 2nd to last) b'fly outing of
the year.  ...

The final count:

 7   Peck’s Skippers
 1   Least Skipper
 1   Unidentified Skipper

As you know, I got some nice Flutterby shots on our trip. Haven't done anything
yet with trip photos but browse them.

A couple of times as we traveled and I shot madly, I thought I'd been giving Skippers short shrift in my efforts to capture more 'spectacular' things.

So, Tuesday afternoon I was sittin' out in the yard when a Skipper flaunted itself right in front of me. Then it waited while I went in to get GX7 with 75-300 and mount a 10 mm extension tube. Think it wanted its picture taken? :-) <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14595>

It then proceeded to pose while drinking.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14598>

And give a profile view. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14600>

Other than the ends of the antennae, then look like your shot.

A couple were out this afternoon, but much too busy courting to pause and pose.

I hope I've paid my debt for Skippers for now. ;-)

Ahoy Skipper Moose