Re: [OM] OM to M 4/3 adapters (MF-2 and equivalents)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to M 4/3 adapters (MF-2 and equivalents)
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:53:29 -0400
Minimal Concerns Moose writes:

A matter of opinion, and not true here.

Well it is well known you only ocassionally adapt FF lenses to MFT. My post was also meant to induce free floating anxiety about all larger adapters (by induction) as they clearly require careful design of the baffles to avoid "adapter flare." I would bet the Oly OM to MFT one is quite good. The cheap 3rd party ones have to yet to implement an optimal design for many mounts to FE mount cams. I somehow did not notice for quite awhile the not inconsequential additional problem of "sensor flare" using alts on the A7.

The A7r seemed to be designed to be very forgiving of alt lens use perhaps by design as few native lenses were available upon release. I wish it had an EFC and/or the ergonomics were nicer. I am fairly certain I would put up with the lack of the latter if the former were present.

Worry, loss of sleep, hand- wringing is indeed in order, Mike