Re: [OM] OM to M 4/3 adapters (MF-2 and equivalents)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to M 4/3 adapters (MF-2 and equivalents)
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:20:08 -0400
My take on this need would be to incorporate an aperture mechanism akin to the
baffling that many tele lenses have. By way of example, I've seen card ones
made for the Konica lenses adapted to FT cameras. Adding that baffle aids with
veiling flair issues primarily bit would go a way to solving the adapter flare
too. By making it a leafed aperture the suitable baffle diameter could be
dialed in depending on the lens involved.

Personally I'd like to see a truly smart adapter that couples the mechanicals
of legacy lenses to the host body. This would allow open aperture metering and
focus. With mirrorless systems this dream is much more possible than on dslr
systems. It would go a long way to fulfilling the ache we all have for a
digital OM.

Dan