Re: [OM] Earthlink Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] Earthlink Outage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 08:50:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      Earthlink turned into a pumpkin nationwide yesterday around 11PM.  It
>> only just rose
>>from the dead, the outage lasting about 9 hours.  Possibly taken over by 19CL?
>
>You can blame a lot of nasty things on 19CL, but this one is all
>Earthlink. A maintenance-window event run amok.

     Yes, it was certainly just them.  No announcements on their members page
after service was restored.  Ever so often the login server or the webmail
server will go out, but this is the most serious outage I've experienced with
them.

     BTW:  I just bought a nice, clean OM-2n on eBay and it will be in my hands
later this morning.  I've been looking for an affordable one for a couple of
years and this one showed up as a BIN a few days ago.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson