Re: [OM] More on: Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken

Subject: Re: [OM] More on: Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken
From: Candace <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 07:24:19 -0600
Hi List,

So...what do we do when we are *required* to do work on a flash drive, utilize that flash drive at a school on *their* computers, bring said flash drive home, do work on papers/presentations on said flash drive, and repeat the cycle many times over?

I emailed our school yesterday with the link to the article, but....so many students now do work this way. For many, the internet or resources are not available at home, so they take their flash drive to the public library, plug it into the computers there, do their research and work, then return to school and plug that flash drive into the school computers. This sounds potentially disastrous. Of course, the school's systems are all Windows based.

Any advice for me to give the school administration?

Candace