Re: [OM] The scariest computer security problem I've ever seen

Subject: Re: [OM] The scariest computer security problem I've ever seen
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 13:39:23 +0000
Doubtful the USB stick would take over booting the machine, it would have
to be installed when booting, and the machine would have to be explicitly
told to boot from USB (presuming one could even pack a full boot method
into the space allotted), instead of the HD or SSD, in the case of the Mac
OS.  The mac doesn't search for USB sticks to boot from, it boots from
what it's told to boot from in the software preferences (startup drive),
unless explicitly told otherwise, I believe.

Try not get all Chicken Little on this.