Re: [OM] More on: Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken

Subject: Re: [OM] More on: Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:29:35 -0700
You're welcome, Candace. If I can be of further assistance, just email me
off-list and I'll do what I can. Given that the services from Google are
free, and that even the advertising usually served up by Google can be
turned off, I don't know why most all schools haven't gone this route. The
savings over a District-hosted solution can be enormous.

My personal favorite feature (assuming District personnel turn on access
for those who are not District installation members) is the ability for
anyone with a Google account to be able to collaborate with a student on
documents in Drive, at the student's discretion. We used that feature a lot
to help our grandson with homework, even though at the time we were living
some 50 miles apart. He shared the document and then my wife or I could
connect to help. Collaboration can be real time; all participants (it's not
limited to only 2) seeing all changes as they occur, or asynchronous, with
notes and changes available at next log in.