Re: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14

Subject: Re: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 09:49:10 -0700
Mike, your photo of Yellow Aster Butte is great, it brings back some
greatmemories. I led a climb of Tomyhoi (Mountaineers) back in the '70s, it
wasalso in the fall, Yellow Aster Meadows was a great place to camp. The viewof
Mt. Baker was stunning. I've got some great slides from my OM-1. larry

Larry, I bet you went up the Keep Kool Trail. That one has some memories for me as well. New trail is much easier. Last time I was up YAB was when we went on a family and friends camping trip when my daughter was about 10. Now she is 35! It was in September with warm easterly breezes. We laid out in the meadows and looked at the stars. Thursday at the fork in the trail I considered going up Tomyhoi but the summit pyramid isn't dog-friendly and I had a strict turn around time to catch a ferry. We spent the time lounging in the sun on YAB. Time well spent. A couple inches of snow fell the next day.

Mike