[OM] (no subject)

Subject: [OM] (no subject)
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:25:29 +1300
Moose wrote
I was amused when a friend was enthusing about the camera in her iPhone 5,
and I was demurring, saying sure, it's fine
for snaps, and always better than nothing, but ... Then when she was going
through my latest book, she commented about
how much detail is visible is in the images, how sharp and clear they are.
But she couldn't see the connection! Oh well.

Bookish Moose
It takes a bit to make me laugh these days but I laughed
quietly out loud when I read that.
A couple + of points.
1) I do actually have the 6 x 17 camera. Unless it has
been stolen and I haven't noticed yet.
2) I have just ordered the battery conversion kit from The
Small Battery Company in London. B&HPhotovideo NY
also had it but they wanted to charge $50 US to send me
this thing which is about the size of a small horse-pill. Up
theirs in the rhubarb season I thought - and in addition
they are closed for about 10 days right now.
The Small Battery Company wouldn't post to me in NZ -
but my son works for Ernst and Young in London :-)
Unless something goes horribly wrong, it's a done deal.
3) True, Andris doesn't use the Linhof now, but I can't
even consider the latest megabucks digital camera he
has. Forget the name but you will all have heard of it.
The point is that I DO have the 6 x 17, and I have not
managed to get stitching software to work for me - yet.
4) I do not have a 15 MP camera yet
5) the format of Andris's .latest book is 10 x 14 inches =
26 x 36 cm.
His blurb is <Hardback, 224 pages, 124 Images,
370x260mm>.
Some images span both pages. Some a page and a half.
Some seem to be just contact print size 6x12, 6x17.
 The detail in his film 10 x 26 inch prints is amazing.
If I can emulate him I will be mightily pleased.
6) Slowing down and taking the time for thought out film
shots won't do me any harm. Most of the time will be
involved in choosing the place and time, and travel.
7) Not a bad goal to set myself

Cheers, Brian

---
is active.