Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - more Canal photos and stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - more Canal photos and stuff
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 17:29:32 -0500
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>   cruise to Alaska for next September, and since you
>> see a lot of scenery as you cruise by, and we have a balcony cabin, I'm
>> packing the tripod and the long lens for some casual landscape
>> photography from my balcony.
>>
> Depending upon the weather a tripod may only serve to transmit the ship's
> motion. A nice big water-filled sack with bent knees, IS and high shutter
> speed works well. ;)
>
> Weather can go either way in Sept. This year it sucked...

Hmmm. So, you're saying pack the pillow-sized hot water bottle?  I've got
some time to plan. We're hoping it will be nice - we've been planning this
cruise for three years now and every time we thought we could go, my job
got in the way.

Ideally, we'll be on the boat when beautiful weather, the Aurora, and
extroverted whales all converge at the same time.  :-)

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie