Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/10/2014: supermarket parking lot

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15/10/2014: supermarket parking lot
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:33:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Stopped by a supermarket on my way home from work this evening to pick up some
>fruit and a few odds
>and ends. Walking out to my car with my purchases, I noticed an interesting
>image (at least I thought
>it was interesting), and since I never go anywhere without a camera, I was
>able to capture it:
>
>http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3616236337&k=8sDQv2K&lb=1&s=O

     Those lights look like the weapon stingers from the Martian war machines
in the original "War of the Worlds" movie with Gene Barry.  They later appeared
in "Robinson Crusoe on Mars".  The war machines in the remake with Tom Cruise
were much closer to what the novel described.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson