Re: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14

Subject: Re: [OM] YAB on 9-10-14
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 14:36:29 -0700
On 10/17/2014 10:12 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
My experience as well.

Do you know what was the last free-without-ads version?

I miss the EXIF info. That's just a setting, as I recall.

Mountainous Moose
Thanks to those who checked out the album. I really don't want any ads popping
up.

Did some sleuthing and it seems ads were supposed to appear with v10 but there was a work-around until v10.2±. For sure no ads with v 9.6 but they have pulled all versions prior to v10.

A quick search found 9 on their site for download.
<http://jalbum.net/en/software/download/previous/version/9>

They've taken it off the old versions list, but not taken down the page.

The 32/64 bit version wouldn't work with Java Runtime I have installed. Looks like 64 bit Java is not a common installation. Installed the 32 bit version and it runs. Version number is 9.0.2

I have an old archive HD with v9.4 and v9.5 as well as early v10's.

Perhaps you could send me the 9.5 or 9.6 install program?

I tried to install an old version in a different folder as suggested on the Jalbum forum but it won't run. So it sounds like I have to uninstall v11 first which I haven't got around to doing.

Crossed Java fingers? I have at least confirmed that v. 9 works with latest
Java runtime.

Uncaffeineated Moose