Re: [OM] OT: System Security Announcement on evilBay

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: System Security Announcement on evilBay
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:29:39 -0700
On 10/17/2014 7:47 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
However, eBay shut down the sniping services that I used a long time ago like
eSnipe to prevent such tactics.

Well, that's news to me. I haven't set a snipe for maybe a few weeks - ah, mid August. The service I use was still working then. (I won, the scanner didn't work, the seller refunded everything without a word. Think he knew it didn't work and was taking a flyer?)

Unless I'm missing something, the only way now is to sit there online when it's
ending and snipe manually. Easier now with the eBay app on my iPhone, usually
impossible before.

Isn't it wonderful how tech makes it possible to spend more easily and often? In June, I found that there was a 3G signal at our camping spot in the redwoods, so of course I made a purchase on Amazon (and a bid on eBay??) from the deep woods.

The Great Snipe Hunt Moose