Re: [OM] A nifty accessory for small cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] A nifty accessory for small cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:53:41 -0700
On 10/18/2014 12:07 PM, ChrisB wrote:
Moose

Thanks again for another useful recommendation.  I rather fancy the Gorilapod, even though it’s a few
dollars more in the UK.  It’s the sort of gadget that I didn’t know that I “needed”
before your unsolicited review :-)

Nor did I, until I ran across it. The list of other similar things on Amazon is
both dangerous and useful. :-)

I'm really liking mine. I have a couple of the regular GorillaPods, maybe the smallest and largest. I'd been carrying the little one around on our last trip, with its tiny QR plate on the GM1. It worked fine, but having to carry a bag or an awkward thingie in a pocket meant I didn't actually use it more than a couple of times.

Having the support always on the camera, but not in the way, is much better.

The big 'Pod was frustrating. It would act like it could support 5D with 28-300, until I turned away, then it would start to slip or sag. Hmmm, I've not tried it with µ4/3 ...

T. Pod Moose