Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:50:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>Focus stacking is something I'm going to have to learn!!
>>

>     There is a filter made by Tiffen (and others) that allows you to split
> the focusing.  It consists
>of half of a closeup filter, such as the one in this evilBay lot:
>
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-FOUR-52MM-FILTERS-POLARIZER-SPLIT-FOCUS-ORANGE-AND-HAZE-174093-/141442636296?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item20eea35a08
>
>     They come in at least three diopters, and I have a set of them somewhere.
>  They are ideally suited
>for the situation you had.

     The set of split-field filters that I have are made by Cokin, which are
more practical as they let you move the split horizon by sliding the filter up
and down in the frame, much the same as with their graduated filters:

<http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sop=15&_ipg=200&_nkw=cokin+split&rt=nc&_dmd=2>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson