Re: [OM] Colour temperature light meters

Subject: Re: [OM] Colour temperature light meters
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:00:18 +0100
Gossen Sixticolor for me, John. Long discontinued, but (now) easily found on
the auction site, starting at USD20. In common with several others, it only
measures red and blue light - if you want to measure green too you will have
to look at something like a Konica Minolta CL-200A which I suspect will be
ten times the price. But none of them will be much good for lighting which
isn't continuous spectrum. So fluorescent, sodium/mercury discharge etc are
off the scale (so to speak).

The Sixticolor is built like the proverbial outhouse, is simple and - as far
as I can tell from the limited use it gets nowadays - reliable.

Piers