Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sunrise, Moonset
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:06:14 -0400
I have never used an "arbitrarily defined spread" and neither should you. I compute my own CoC and get exactly what I want.

Chuck Norcutt

On 10/23/2014 1:07 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
But I think what he doesn't understand is that the marked zone is
definitely not arbitrary.
It is arbitrary in the sense that before even beginning to talk about
hyperfocal one has to define what's sharp enough to to fit within the
ticks on the dial. Improvements in the technology have made it necessary
to consider tightening up that arbitrarily defined spread. I consider it
confining to think of it in "binary" terms. (Thank you Piers)

I'm not demeaning "hyperfocal". Of course some may consider it to be a
useful tool still. Especially if they were rethink the original starting
point.

Mike