[OM] IMG: Rice Paddies in Sapa

Subject: [OM] IMG: Rice Paddies in Sapa
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:19:36 -0400
PESO:

Meanwhile, back in Vietnam!  On our second day in Sapa, we went on a
day-long guided trek through the mountains.  It was the hardest hike I've
ever been on, including down the Grand Canyon and back up.  The path was
extremely muddy and rocky and you had to watch every step so you couldn't
enjoy the scenery!  About half of the trek was through a bamboo forest so
you couldn't see anything anyway.  I would never have made it without my
Hmong guide holding my hand and arm and helping me over fences and through
creeks.  Tom fell several times. I would not do it again.  But there were
some nice scenes at the beginning and end of the trek:

http://www.pbase.com/image/157960171

C&C greatly appreciated.

Tina

--