Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/10/2014: too sharp?

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/10/2014: too sharp?
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 01:41:09 +1300
Nathan wrote:

> Following in Kyle?s footsteps:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3637149976&k=bd
> FGZwP&lb=1&s=O
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
I thought that this image deserved some attention, so I did some quite quick
and mild tweaks, which I'm sure could be improved on according to your
preferences.
Reduced highlights (reflections on skin) which also gave colour saturation;
added contrast, and did USM sharpen 14 which brought out sparkle in her
eyes.

Contrary to Nathan's question about needing less sharpen, I actually added
some which I think made the portrait better due to the improved sparkle in
her already lively eyes. I suspect that reducing the reflections on her cheek
more than I did could improve it even more.

Image will be taken down in a day or so.

Brian

---
is active.