[OM] Strawberry shortcake

Subject: [OM] Strawberry shortcake
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:04:40 -0400
There was a hint the other day that Chuck didn't post images on Zone-10 very much. Then yesterday I had a specific request from someone here** for this specific image. He wanted to show his kids in the frozen north what it's like to live in the Winterset RV Park in Palmetto, Florida during the winter. So I decided to post this image.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14851>

The Winterset RV Park is a 55+ community near the south end of Tampa Bay. This photo was taken on March 13, 2014 at the end of what's called "Fun Day". Fun Day starts with a parade of horn blowing motorcycles and bicycles followed by silly, costumed senior citizens. It then progresses through a day of simple games and snacks, a lunch of grilled burgers and hot dogs, more activities and then ends in the late afternoon with strawberry shortcake and ice cream in the park's activity center. The pano shown here shows the residents enjoying their strawberry shortcake. This area of Florida is still quite agricultural and the Fun Day activities are always scheduled to coincide with the local strawberry harvest to guarantee good, fresh strawberries.

**I said "here" above since right now my wife and I are living in our winter place in the Winterset RV Park. The New York house has been sold but the South Carolina house won't be ready until November 18. It's not winter yet but we needed a place to live for a month. Fortunately, we have one.

Chuck Norcutt (no longer a Yankee)