Re: [OM] OT. Spam

Subject: Re: [OM] OT. Spam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:49:46 -0700
On 10/27/2014 12:41 PM, ChrisB wrote:
I disagree, Moose.

I find Spam an invasion and I will not put up with it.

You are, of course, welcome to spend your free time doing whatever you wish. Personally, I find more interesting, occasionally even productive, ways to spend mine (Like jabbering on this list.)

Reporting with spamcop.net <http://spamcop.net/> helps to reduce it.  And in
the UK you can complain to the Information Commissioner who will send a notice to
cease to British companies. One company near London was sending me 3 or 4 emails a
week until I lodged a complaint with the ICO.

Ah, but that would require me to look at the spam, which I consider a waste of my time (and boring). Spam filters are a tool, I let them do their job.

Existentially, even if you don't respond to their blandishments, bite on their phishing bait, etc., if you let the spammers steal part of your life, they win. ;-)

We don’t have to lie back and accept it . . .

But I can choose to, as a way to improve the quality of my life.

But as I said, I don't even see it. Does that constitute acceptance, or
automated rejection?

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.