Re: [OM] free license DxO Optics Pro 8

Subject: Re: [OM] free license DxO Optics Pro 8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:07:24 -0700
I think DOP 10 is appearing as predicted--gee I think it just up today! I don't know if ver 8 had the direct export feature though I could check at home. I suspect not. So save a tiff and open in whatever--minor nuisance.

If one purchase within a few months of a new version a free upgrade is usually allowed. I would check.

Yup, my recent purchase qualified for a free upgrade.

They have made a big change in their pricing model. Where they had two levels, based on what kind of camera, which always seems stupid to me, they are now differentiating based on features. Both versions support all the same cameras. <http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/dxo-optics-pro-10-brings-less-noise-and-clearer-skies-1270933>

Good news for me, as I was upgraded from Standard/Essentials to Elite for free. In their FAQ, they say that's because I would otherwise lose some features I already had in v.9.

They also included v1 of their Viewpoint app/plug-in and had the option to get v2.5 for $30. I looked into this app and decided it wasn't worth it to me. I do perspective correction fine.

The volume anamorphosis correction looked good, and most reviews liked it. However, the photo-i review pointed out that the same result is easy to achieve with the pincushion correction tool in most image editors. True at least for PS, I find, so I didn't opt to pay for the later version.

V. Ten Moose