Re: [OM] Florida (WAS: Strawberry shortcake)

Subject: Re: [OM] Florida (WAS: Strawberry shortcake)
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:51:23 +0000
Well, I don’t know what Florida’s like now, but we enjoyed our time there, even
if it was living in part of Tampa.  Dale Mabry seemed to us to be part of the
culture of the USA: a long, straight road with loads of different signs set up,
higgledy piggledy, along it.

It wasn’t far from a good beach at Fort de Soto; parts of Florida were very
pretty and we lived in a decent little condo on Bayshore Boulevard, not far
from Ballast Point.  Yes, Hillsborough Bay was a bit smelly at times, and
having only 2 seasons was a bit boring, but we enjoyed our stay and made some
good friends.

I was glad to come home to the UK, but then that would have been the case for
any part of the USA; I couldn’t live there.  I wouldn’t mind visiting again,
with our sons, for a bit of nostalgia, but that might not work either.

Chris
p.s. Ken, that should be “. . . are two reasons . . .” :-) cb