Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/10/2014 (amendment): in the land of Don Quijote

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/10/2014 (amendment): in the land of Don Quijote
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 06:31:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> > "He had the kind of face you couldn't hit just once."
>>
>> That's classic.
>

>speaking of classics, I recently discovered the  Bulwer-Lytton Fiction
>Contest...
>
>http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

     My favourite from that contest is:

     "The goose notes blatted skyward, feathered rumps mooning the day, webbed
appendages pedalling unseen bicycles, desperately seeking sustinence; And at
last, I knew Pittsburgh."

and:

     "The moon rose suddenly, like a hairball spat up by some unseen cat."

     There is a series of books "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night" that have
collections of the winners and other submissions for that contest.  That
website should mention them.  They are well working finding as they are good
reads.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson