Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/10/2014 (amendment): in the land of Don Quijote

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/10/2014 (amendment): in the land of Don Quijote
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 07:10:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>speaking of classics, I recently discovered the  Bulwer-Lytton Fiction
>>Contest...
>>
>>http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/
>>

>     My favourite from that contest is:
>
>     "The goose notes blatted skyward, feathered rumps mooning the day, webbed
> appendages pedalling
>unseen bicycles, desperately seeking sustinence; And at last, I knew
>Pittsburgh."

     I did not get that entirely correct:

     "The goose notes blatted skyward, feathered rumps mooning the day, webbed
appendages pedalling unseen bicycles, desperately seeking sustinence, answering
nature's cruel maxim: "Ya wanna eat, ya gotta work"; And at last, I knew
Pittsburgh."

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson