[OM] OT - OM List hams

Subject: [OM] OT - OM List hams
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 17:05:45 -0500
OK, so I was having so much fun with the TS-520s, that I got the wife to
agree to let me get a TS-590s as my birthday/Christmas present. I still
have the 520s, but I wanted to try digital modes as well as 17m and 6m. So,
I dropped the equivalent of a new OM-D body and got a new toy.

I still have the 520s - always will.  Bought it new in 1979 when I upgraded
to General, so there's a lot of emotional attachment.

But man, am I having fun. Just yesterday I talked to a DXpedition on
Ascension Island, barefoot into a ground-mounted vertical with only 2
radials in the ground. This morning I talked to Germany on 10m.

If anyone wants to set up a sked, just email me off-list.

Oh - and I've never been able to work AM. Wasn't sure what the attraction
was. Last night I dialed around 80m and found a couple of AM stations -
damn. Sounded like broadcast-quality audio. I get it now. Of course, I
don't have an antenna that will resonate on 80, and AM needs more power.
But I'll find some on 10/15/20/40 and give it a shot.

73

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie