Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 16:42:37 +0000
John

I suppose the simplest answer is that you should look at the pixel dimensions
of those images and multiply them.

As a comparison you will see that your X-Pro1 files are about 3264 x 4896
pixels in size, depending on the image’s orientation.  Multiply those numbers
and you get just under 16million.  Since this equates to the stated product of
the camera’s sensor (16 Mp) I should guess that doing the same with your TIFF
files would give you a similarly representative answer.  That sort of
observation would eliminate worrying about the bit-depth of your scans or the
relative sizes of RAW files (in Mb).

I’d be interested to know the answer you get.

Chris