Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 13:27:56 -0400
A quick check of three cameras' RAW to TIFF file sizes are:

Olympus E5 : ORF file = ~13,000kb , 16 bit / ch TIFF = ~ 71,500 kb

Fuji X Pro 1 : RAF file = ~ 24.9 mb , 16 bit / ch TIFF = ~ 94,000 kb

Fuji X-T1 : RAF file ~33,000 kb , 16 bit / ch TIFF = ~94,000 kb

Since digital RAW files are not necessarily programmed to generate only TIFF files, I wonder whether the megapixel rating of the camera [so as to generate a 528,000 kb TIFF file] can be so readily determined by using the formulas suggested by both Chris B and Chris W.

jh