Re: [OM] Strawberry shortcake

Subject: Re: [OM] Strawberry shortcake
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 14:54:31 -0800
Well, I don?t know what Florida?s like now, but we enjoyed our time there, even
if it was living in part of Tampa.  Dale Mabry seemed to us to be part of the cu
lture of the USA: a long, straight road with loads of different signs set up, hi
ggledy piggledy, along it.

Reminds me a bit of my 3 years living in Tampa in the late 80s, a place I was on
ly happy to leave when the opportunity arose.

My impressions of Florida date to the early '70's when a friend and I delivered
a yacht from Isla Mujeres to Key Largo. Even then the coral reefs were a death z
one compared to the Yucatán. That was pre Cancún and the Yucatán was still
mostl
y pristine but the locals were catching and/or eating everything in sight as fas
t as possible. Last time on the Yucatán Penn was the late '80's and everything
dible was pretty much gone. In the early '70's Key West was just beginning to ch
ange and it wasn't for the best. Still, it had much of the old character. Drivin
g north it just got worse. I can imagine what it must be like now :( Miami is a
place to change planes. In and out as quickly as possible.

On another note. See weather forecast for the SE-US:

[1]<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vOdzrorwD4Y/VFaazRwdhbI/AAAAAAAAc3E/6P0q7h-p1Nk/s1
600/610temp.new%2B%281%29.gif>

Mike