Re: [OM] Americans beat Belgian brewers in Brussels (but Brits win best

Subject: Re: [OM] Americans beat Belgian brewers in Brussels (but Brits win best beer)
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:36:54 +0100
<<
111 Italian beers in the competition was a major surprise to me.  If
you'd have asked me I'd have guessed there were three or four.  Moretti
or Peroni (served by the Italian restaurants I'm familiar with) and
maybe another one or two that I haven't heard of.  I guess I'll have to
do more probing around next time I'm in a big beer distributor's shop.

Chuck Norcutt

It is a trend of the last few years, an explosion of micro-breweries,
more or less artigianal. You'll have a hard time to find one of them,
I don't think I cand find one either, as they are usually with a
local distribution only, but saved the link just in case.
Commercial Italian beers (Moretti, Peroni, etc) are sub-ordinary.

Ralf