Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 12:04:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>     Looks like Earthlink has stopped interfacing with Win98/SE operating
> systems or the IE6
>browser.  Maybe both.  I knew it would happen before long.  So, I'll have to
>pull one of the
>WinXP machines that was given to it, find a suitable hard drive of 100G or
>more, and spend a
>few days getting it up and running.  The Win98/SE machine will take the place
>of the Win95
>machine for CAD/CAE.
>
>     But not right now.  The Blob just snagged the projectionist and the high
> school kids are
>running everywhere in the streets.
>
>     I do have priorities.

     Thanks to Firefox 2.0.0.20 I won't have to replace my Win98/SE machine
after all.  Works just fine, actually displaying all of the graphics that were
slowly disappearing using IE6.  Funny how Microsoft renders it's own products
obsolete while those from Mozilla just keep chugging along.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson