Re: [OM] Americans beat Belgian brewers in Brussels (but, Brits win best

Subject: Re: [OM] Americans beat Belgian brewers in Brussels (but, Brits win best beer)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:29:56 -0800
On 11/4/2014 10:13 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I see some of the larger local breweries made the list. I always have some Deschutes porter on hand. Not the chocolate stuff.

Not much of a Porter fan myself, but at least no chocolate. :-)

We enjoyed our visit to the Mother Ship brewery. Tasted several beers. The porter is a good one, but ... I'm a Mirror Pond guy, usually, but on hot days in NE Oregon, Idaho and NW Montana, our stash of Twilight Summer for me and River Ale for Carol went down very well. Traveling with a bit of storage and a fridge is good for beer. ;-)

Dechutes is local? Looks like 9-10 hours, depending on the ferries, no?

Kulshan is just across the bay. A lot more good local brews which didn't enter I suspect. Unfortunately for us the local brewery which was rather good closed down.

We are blessed with breweries and brewpubs just a handful of minutes away. :-)

Brew Up a Moose