Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:42:35 -0800
On 11/4/2014 12:23 PM, Scott Gomez wrote:
It's the difference between closed, for profit, software and open source.
Gotta hereto those paid upgrades coming via forced obsolescence for the
former.

OTOH, Win 7 is so much more capable that 98. And 64 bit for image processing is
magic.

I tried to get my tiny, old laptop up to doing anything useful for travel. It runs 98/SE, but everything is sooo slow and limited. Back in the drawer it went after too many hours of effort.

Seventh Moose