Re: [OM] IMG: Leica Photographers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Leica Photographers
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 18:38:21 -0500
I did use the Fuji zooms which have Image Stabilization and can be shot at
very high ISOs.  They worked surprisingly well. Usually, and especially in
the days of film, zooms were way too slow and heavy to hand-hold at slow
shutter speeds.  That's where Leica used to shine.  I carried at least 3
Leicas with the fastest prime lens available on each.  I worked that way
for over 30 years so I guess you can't teach this old dog new tricks!

Tina

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Unless you need several different lenses very quickly.
>
> Ah, but that's why we're told that zoom lenses are better. ;)
>
> I'd buy a brace of Leicas too if I were doing what you are doing, Tina.
>
> AG
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com