Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 06:54:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Unfortunately, there are still some developers (including at one of my
>two banks) that continue to code to Microsoft "standards" rather than
>web standards.  That requires keeping IE around for occasional use.
>
>But that same bank (where we've been doing business for 30 years) did
>something yesterday to really irk us. I may solve at least one IE
>problem by getting rid of the bank.

     That's the ticket!  I had Wells Fargo for decades until two years ago
after they converted my checking account to something that they preferred.
Transfered everything to the credit union and I've been happily worry-free ever
since.

     You could think of me and others being much like Chris B's brother,
perfectly happy at the lower end of the cyber food chain with Win98/SE and
WinXP while others are begging for the next iPhone.  Same with cameras,
bicycles, etc.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson