Re: [OM] Daylight Unsaved

Subject: Re: [OM] Daylight Unsaved
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:09:11 -0800
Thanks Jim, Paul and Chris!

On 11/3/2014 10:01 PM, ChrisB wrote:
Nice one, Moose. It's tricky for me to grab a sunset shot without losing the
foreground to darkness.

Pretty close to impossible, I think, by the time it's impressive enough to want
to photograph.

The trick for me is to use exposure to hold the highlights, then fix up the shadowed area in post. Bring it up too much, and it looks phoney. Bring it up a little, then use LCE, Curves, sharpening/deconvolution, and so on to give it some tonal detail.

Sunset Moose