Re: [OM] Moving Computer Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Moving Computer Software
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:24:16 -0800
If all you are concerned about are his own files (not installed programs,
which will likely need reinstalled anyway, if this is Windows) then the
easiest method is to do one of the following:

1. If there's a relatively small amount, use a USB stick and simply copy
them to the stick, and then from the stick to the new machine.
2. If there are more files than will fit on a reasonably inexpensive stick,
use an external drive and copy to the drive and then to the new machine
3.  Remove the drive from the laptop. Assuming it's a SATA drive, it's
easy, just remove any screws from the cover over the drive on the laptop,
any screws holding the drive itself, and then unplug and remove the drive.
The place the drive in an external drive enclosure or a drive "toaster" ,
hook up the USB cabling, and copy whatever is wanted to the new computer's
drive.
4. If you have a high speed internet connection and a Google account,
upload the folders wanted on the new machine to Google Drive, then log in
on the new computer and download the folders to the new machine.

Pick any one (or combination) and you're golden.