Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] Mega Pixel equivalent of medium format negatives
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 09:48:08 -0500
OK. The Canon stuff convinces me. The f/22 shots are almost 3 stops beyond the theoretical diffraction limits for the 22 MP 5D Mark III. What it does not show is a comparison with f/8 where the diffraction limits would not be violated. Nevertheless, it shows that one can regain significant detail with the post processing for a specific lens.

I've obviously never seen this stuff. I don't own any Canon lenses and gave up using DPP the day it was installed. But this stuff was probably never there for the 5D anyhow.

I'll have to pay more attention to DxO and its price.

Chuck Norcutt